Installation of automatic door bottom:
- To install mortised automatic door bottom, doors must be prepared in advance. See drawings for proper cut-out dimensions. (the space required to mortised the 50K is 11/16’’ x 1-15/32’’, for the 50MHD is 29/32’’ x 1-7/8’’ and for the 320V and 320TP is 1-1/2’’ x 1’’)
- To cut the automatic door bottom:
- For mortised and semi-mortised, cut to full width of door and fit between jambs
- For surface mounted, cut length between door stops minus 1/8’’ (i.e. 1/16’’ on each side) ATTENTION: for 50A and 50SHD-I it is important to place adjusting nut on hinge side before cutting. If you have to inverse the interior mechanism, you must take out the #6 screw on the back of the door bottom and pull out the adjusting screw to get the mechanism out. Then insert in the opposite end and put the #6 screw in the other hole provided for this operation.
- For doors with wood frame; install the #10-3/4 screw where the adjusting nut touches the jamb. It will protect the jamb. ( It is recommended to drill before you put the screw on)
- Turn in or out the adjusting nut and close door until insert make contact with the surface threshold. A compressed seal is not recommended and will affect the proper operation of the door bottom. The seal just need to touch the surface of the threshold.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR CF-10 AND CF-12
WARNING IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
Storage and application instructions :
To achieve optimal performance, this product should be stored at normal room temperature and humidity conditions. Do not store in direct sunlight. Avoid extreme temperature or humidity conditions for prolonged periods of time. Dirt, dust and other contaminates may negatively affect tape performance.
1- Surface must be free from dust, mold releases, dirt, oil and moisture for optimum bond strength.
2- Surface temperatures below 72 degrees F will adversely affect bond strength. Be sure both parts are at room temperature or above before application.
3- Cleaning agents should be employed which do not leave a residue. Ex: Isopropyl Alcohol or acetone (proper safety practices should be adhered to as prescribed by the material safety data sheet).
4- A buffed or slightly roughened surface will usually increase bond strength.
Once you have obtained a clean surface and the application area is above 72 degrees F, application can proceed. Peel off release liner 1 to 2 feet at a time. This will prevent the adhesive from contracting and picking up foreign matter. The gasket-adhesive should then be placed on firmly and uniformly 1 to 2 feet at a time. Do not stretch the seal. If it is stretched it will pop off after a period of time. A weighted roller is suggested for uniform application pressure.
One year from the manufacture date when stored under the conditions outlined above in the “Storage” section.